Personal information is identifying information about you (being an individual) that you ('you') have supplied to us.
Collection of Information
We may collect the following types of information about users of its website, including you:
- Personal information that you provide when you interact with us, such as when you use one of our online tools or services, subscribe for a newsletter, or provide feedback.
- General information produced by our computer systems as part of our website tracking and reporting processes, that does not relate to you personally and
- Other information about your use of our website that does not identify you personally.
You need not give us any personal information which may be requested in our communications with you. However, without that information, we may not be able to fulfil your request or provide you with an appropriate level of service.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from you:
- To respond to your requests and directions.
- To provide products and services to you.
- To deal with complaints or issues you may have in relation to our services.
- To review your dealings with us, including the products and services you use, your potential needs, and new products that might be of interest to you or other customers.
- To verify your identity where this is necessary to access any of our products and services.
- For future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys.
- For showing you the advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests.
- To ensure our internal business operations are running smoothly which may include fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
- For any other use that you authorize.
By using our services you are deemed to have consented to our use, disclosure and other matters in relation to your personal information, as set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our external service providers such as IT service providers (e.g. a provider of web hosting services). Some of these may be located overseas. We may store your personal information on servers in overseas web hosting facilities.
- To product and services providers (including third party service providers to our business) for operational purposes, and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their products and services by ordinary post or email. You may opt-out of receipt of such marketing at any time by contacting directly those organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can request them from our Privacy Officer (details below).
- To any organisation which you request us to. From time to time those organisations may choose to provide you with information about their products and services by ordinary post or email. You may opt-out of receipt of such marketing at any time by contacting those organisations directly. If you do not have their details you can request them from the Privacy Officer (details below).
- To our related companies and other organisations where reasonable to do so in relation to the operation of our business.
- To protect and defend our rights or property.
- If we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you.
- If we sell our business or part of it.
- In extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of our customers, website users, staff or the public.
- To law enforcement, regulatory and government bodies, government agencies and courts, if we are required to by law to do so.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Other information that we may collect
We collect some statistical information about visitors to our website (for example, the number of visitors, pages viewed, types of transactions conducted, time online and documents downloaded). None of the statistical information we collect allows us to identify a visitor. We use this information to evaluate our website performance and continually improve our services. We may disclose this information in an aggregated form to third parties including website analytics service providers, advertisers or potential advertisers. Other than statistical information, we do not collect any information about you through our website unless you voluntarily provide the information to us.
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with our website and to whom you provide personal information whilst using our website or services. Our website contains links to other websites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Storing personal information
We will store personal information that you provide to us:
- On servers at the data center of our third party web host located in the geographical server location of our server hosting companies, or
- In relation to personal information provided in subscribing to our newsletter, on servers of a third party service provider located in the India.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information is protected by India's privacy laws. However, when you provide us with your personal information you consent to the disclosure of your information to an overseas provider. We will not be held accountable under the Privacy Act as applicable for us for any breaches of the Privacy Act by the overseas provider.
Access to information stored electronically by us is restricted to staff whose job purpose requires access. If it is necessary for information to be given to a person in connection with the provision of a service to us, everything reasonably within our power is done to prevent unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of the information. We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify any personal information as and when required by law, provided the information is no longer needed by us for any purpose.
Amendment of this policy
We may amend this policy from time to time. We will notify you of any change to our information handling policy that requires your consent before being implemented.
If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services then please tell us. You can do this at any time by writing to us or telephoning us at the contact details listed below.
Access to and correction of your information
You can request access at any time to personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will process your request within a reasonable time, usually 14 days for a straightforward request. More time may be needed, depending on the nature of the request. There is no fee for requesting access to your information; however we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. Sometimes we are not required to provide you with access — for example, if the law says we can deny access. If we refuse you access to your personal information, we will tell you the reason why.
We try to ensure that all information we hold about you which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you, which you believe is incorrect or out of date. We will deal with your request within a reasonable time.
Contact Details and Complaints
By Telephone: +91 9899989800
By Email: email@example.com
HII Insurance Broking Services Pvt. Ltd.
87 B, 3rd Floor,
New Delhi — 110049
We will try to answer any questions you may have, correct any error on our part or resolve any complaint that you may have about our information handling practices. If we do not resolve a complaint to your satisfaction, you also have the right to complain to the IRDAI, please visit www.irda.gov.in.