Product Recall Insurance
It is a kind of insurance which protects the insured financially in case the product is defected. For example, a food manufacturing unit will be protected in case a contaminated product is released in the market which caused bodily injury or illness etc.
- Malicious product tampering.
- Accidental contamination or defect in product.
- Costs associated with recall, replacement, rehabilitation, consultant, business interruption etc.
What It Does Not Cover?
- Intentional contamination.
- Releasing the product despite knowing the deficiency/ inadequacy of the product beforehand.